Join The Team
At SeaGate Homes, we are always looking for the next top employee. It takes special people to deliver exceptional homes, so please take a moment to drop an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume directly to our human resources department at 386-246-6121.
Even if you don’t see a job ideally suited for you, please contact us anyway, we may have opportunities that are not yet listed on our website.
SeaGate Homes is looking for a self-motivated Estimator with a minimum of 5 years of purchasing experience.
- Manage all base contracts and material take-offs by plan and option; ensuring accurate base house cost and option cost budgets.
- Complete detailed material take-offs for base and option budgets by plan.
- Review and communicate with Trade Partners or Suppliers to obtain and analyze bids/cost estimates for new plans or options by activity.
- Compile all information required to compile and complete detailed job cost budgets for job starts including all relevant Sales Addendum(s), Design Studio Color Sheet, Municipality documents, and home plans/blueprints.
- Manage job cost budgets and issue all job-specific work orders and/or purchase orders to Trade Partners and/or Suppliers.
- Analyze variance purchase orders issued by Production to ensure accuracy of base and option contracts and/or assemblies/take-offs by plan.
- Responsible for estimating costs and setting retail price for custom options submitted by Sales.
Critical Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviors
- Able to read, interpret, and use blueprints, sketches, plans, and other visual instructions in order to perform required work.
- Able to perform detailed material take-offs across a variety of product categories including lumber, roofing, drywall, and masonry material.
- Highly detailed oriented and accuracy of work product.
- Able to prioritize, organize tasks and time, and follow up.
- Performs responsibilities efficiently and timely.
- Takes initiative and needs little supervision.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills (can gather and analyze data and information and draw conclusions).
- Able to think logically and analytically.
- Proactive in anticipating and alerting others to problems with projects or processes.
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals with diverse backgrounds, education, economic levels, and roles.
- Able to work well in a team environment and as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Able to learn company database programs quickly.
Minimum 5 years history in estimating with a home builder.Strong Microsoft Excel skills a MUST.
Competitive compensation and benefits. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, employee assistance program, Simple IRA, holidays and paid time off.
** Local candidates only **
Note to Job Seekers: Qualified candidates will be contacted in the event that there is a potential match. Please no phone calls.
SeaGate Homes is currently seeking a Drafter/AutoCAD Technician to join our in-house drafting team.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Produce accurate full house plans (foundation, floor plans, elevations, electrical structural and framing details) for all homes sold within various communities on a high volume production basis
- Manage and maintain master plans, sales brochures, construction details
- Ensure house plans and options match contract documents
- Work closely with construction superintendents, sales staff and purchasing department so house plans are accurate and detailed
- Manage and maintain master plans, sales brochures, construction details
Technical requirements of the position include:
- Minimum of 3 years in production home building construction drawings
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Architecture 2015 or newer
- Ability to make modifications and revisions to existing plans
- Experience with rendering is an advantage
Personal and Interpersonal requirements:
- Strong work ethic
- Keen sense of responsibility
- High degree of initiative
- Commitment to quality
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player with ability to take direction and support others to ensure projects completed in a timely and efficient manner
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to execute a multitude of tasks without loss of quality
Competitive salary and benefits offered including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP, Simple IRA, paid time off and holidays.
** Please, no telephone calls. Qualified candidates will be contacted. **
SeaGate Homes is currently seeking a Construction Manager with a strong background in production home building for day-to-day construction operations.
- Oversees the construction process of multiple homes, to include labor, materials, workmanship and quality control
- Schedules and coordinates subcontractors and vendors during construction and for warranty work after construction
- Ensures that all homes are completed on schedule
- Performs walk-through with homeowner
- Conducts quality control inspections
- Manage punch lists
Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills, adaptability and customer service orientation.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Minimum of five years applicable experience.
** Must have experience with production home building **
Competitive compensation and benefits. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, Simple IRA, paid time off and holidays.
SeaGate Homes, voted the Area’s Best Homebuilder, is growing and looking to add to our sales team. The ideal candidate is someone who is willing to assist homebuyers in selecting their home site, floor plan, exterior design and structural modifications all while providing superior customer service. A proven track record as a top producer in New Home sales with a residential production home builder and the ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills is highly desirable.
We are looking for flexible, high energy, detailed minded individuals who are not afraid to earn what they are worth!
Qualifications include the following:
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a Florida Real Estate License (required).
- Must be able to establish great customer relationships with purchasers and discover buying motives.
- Willing to follow a tried-and-true approach to New Home Sales based on building rapport with prospective purchasers.
- Knowing when and how to ask for the sale.
- Perform consistent Realtor and community outreach to build awareness of SeaGate Homes.
- Attention to detail with a high comfort level of technology.
- An understanding of blueprints and basic construction terms and techniques is preferred.
- SeaGate Homes offers top commissions, heavy traffic, qualified leads, and an excellent benefits package which includes company-assisted health insurance, dental insurance and retirement plan with company match. EOE
I wanted a SeaGate home long before I got one. The first one I saw was a short sale in RiverGate. I placed an offer on that short sale, but the bank wanted more money than the list price. Between that time and signing a contract with SeaGate, I looked at about 50 homes - some new and some older. After consulting with two different and independent home inspectors, I decided I would focus on SeaGate. I went to see Judie with a plan from SeaGate's w...